Friday, November 25, 2016

Very Busy Week!

July 24, 2016

(Week of July 18-24)
Monday - So today for P-Day we went to Pavones to play basketball. Almost all of the Elders in Madrid were there it was kinda crazy! Tons of fun though. President came to play as well. 




After basketball we rode with the AP's to there area to have some bomb salchipapas. (French fries with German sausage and chicken and barbecue sauce and a ranch type sauce). Then we rode back to our area and that was pretty much P-day. We taught a lesson to Aida, an investigator, about the Restoration using Jenga blocks. Then that was a our day and we came home. She feeds us so we ate dinner with her as well. Let just say we were pretty stuffed last night. 

Tuesday - Today we had a lesson with a family. Their names are Felix and Belen and they have three daughters. They are our newest investigators and they seem to be very prepared to hear the gospel. They are actually a reference from a member. We have some of the best members that I have had on my mission here in this branch. In the way of answering some more questions, my companion's family lives in Hawaii. His Spanish is very good and he's helping me a lot. As for my Spanish it's coming along. I can say probably 3/4 of what I want to say and then I gotta really think about it or ask for help. 

Wednesday - So today was a pretty good day. We went to Mostoles for a district meeting. We have 8 missionaries in our district. 4 Hermanas and 4 Elders. After the meeting Elder Pulotu and I went to Dominoes with the other Elders Smurthwaite and Waters. After that we had English class at 7. One of the guys there is named Paulo and he is actually one of our investigators. So, after English class we taught him about the plan of Salvation and he's already saying that he believes this church is true. He's very humble and he's from Angola. 

Thursday - Today we had weekly planning. Overall it was a pretty slow day we taught on lesson to Belen. She and her husband are both investigating and hopefully we can help their whole family come to church. Tonight we had correlation and after correlation we always eat with Eddison the branch mission leader. The food was good and we had a good time. This area is awesome. 

Friday - So today I had an intercambio [exchanges] with Elder Waters from Florida. He's been on the mission about 4 1/2 months. So I'm older than somebody finally hahaha. Basically everyone is older than me now but that's okay. He's serving in the town next to us called Mostoles. We worked in Alcorcon though. We got a bunch of references and we had English class. After English class we met with Paolo again and we put him on date to be baptized August 7th. He seems really excited. He actually said I really want the blessing of the Holy Ghost I think it will help a lot in my life. 

Empanadas
Saturday - Today was a fun day. We played futbol with some investigators and after that we had just one plan. We were going to eat empanadas with a member. So we ate with them for medio dia and the rest of the day we spent contacting. It was hot and I got kinda sunburnt but it was a good day. 

Sunday - Today we had church with 3 investigators there. We also have 2 that are progressing very well. After church we went to eat with the Sanchez family. They moved here about a year ago from Venezuela and we asked them how it was there and they said every time it just gets worse and worse. Very fun family. 

Monday - So today we just a normal day. We taught some lessons and that was all.

Tuesday - We taught a lot of less actives today and it was really great we got to know some really cool people. 

Wednesday - So today I'm writing because this morning we went to the temple and then afterwards was our P-day we are playing basketball again and the temple was super awesome. I don't know what else we are going to do today. Everything is going very well. We are seeing a lot of success in Alcorcon. 

Elder Pulotu & Elder Harris at the Madrid Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment