[Week of July 10 - 16 ]
Monday - So today was really awesome. We went to the Islas
Cíes. The beaches on these islands are rated number one by National Geographic.
It was just a beautiful island and we did the hike that led us to the various
light houses that are found on the island. It was super fun.
Wednesday - Today was a good day. This morning we had
district meeting. Then we went out to a place called Pepita for lunch. Look it
up, it's delicious! Then I actually did an intercambio with Elder Jones today.
It was pretty chill one because we did service again to help Andriv finish up
his bathroom. Then we went and taught English class. Today it was necessary
that all 4 missionaries were there because we had 16 people show up for the
class. It was Awesome! 
Then because Elder Jones and I like basketball, we
decided in that last hour of the day we had that we were going to try and beat
some Spaniards and get their phone numbers so we can play again sometime. Well,
that didn't happen. One, no one was playing basketball and two, we played
fútbol instead and we kinda got wrecked by the Spaniards. Haha! It was good
though because we made some new friends that have a lot of potential to become
new investigators.
Thursday - This morning we did some finding. We actually
found a lady named, Teresa. She's from here in Vigo and she's a very nice lady.
She had a big black eye when we saw her. She told us it was because she had
just gotten robbed a couple days before that. Anyways, we taught about the
Restoration and at the end of the lesson she just kept pointing at her
goosebumps and saying that she knew the message was true. She was a pretty cool
miracle today. Then we ate lunch with Amanda and Ilda. As always the food was
very good. THE GOSPEL CHANGES LIVES
Then we went over to Pontevedra so I could do another baptismal interview. This time it was with a Spanish lady named Chus. She's awesome! She's been trying her hardest to quit smoking after meeting with the Elders now for a little more than a year. She's gonna be getting baptized on Saturday the 22 and she's gonna get baptized in the sea. She's so pumped for that. I'm also pumped for her, she's someone that during her interview you could see how much living the gospel has impacted and changed her life.
JUAN JOSE'S BAPTISM!
Friday - So this morning we had some pass-bys scheduled.
Then we went to lunch at the Piscoya house. They made some really delicious
Peruvian food. Then we went to the Chapel and set up the baptismal font and
filled it up. Juan José got baptized Tonight at 7:30.
| Juan Jose's Baptism |
He was so happy when he
came out of the water. His testimony after his baptism was "I may not
know everything about the church and I may not be the member with the most
faith here in Vigo, but, what I do know is that for these past 7 weeks I have
been the happiest I have ever been in my entire life and I know that is because
I am receiving the blessings of living the gospel." After his baptism we
had to empty the font manually with buckets because the drainage pipes were
blocked or something. So that was fun. Then we went and got ice cream with Juan
José to celebrate. It was a really good day.
| Service at Raquel's House |
Sunday - Church was really good today. Juan José got
confirmed. Raquel came to church and as well one of the counselors in the
Mission Presidency came to our branch to speak. It was really good. Then after
church we went to Sonia's house to eat lunch. She's a Brazilian member and wow,
her food is so good! I was so full when we left though. Then we went to the
Chapel and did our studies for the day. Then we had our pancakes activity. It
was really fun. Then we did some finding at the end of the day and that was it.
Monday - Today for P-day we are going to play board games
with the Hermanas and a couple of members. But that's about it for our plans I
don't know if we are gonna do anything else yet.
Love you all,
Elder Harris
DyC 4:3
No comments:
Post a Comment