[Week of Oct. 19-24]
Dear Mom, Dad and Sam:
Monday - So today was just a normal day because we are going
to the temple on Wednesday. This morning we actually got the opportunity to
help serve a member, he was moving a the frame to his bed because his wife is
moving here from Ecuador. Anyway, he had already gotten rid of the old one and
asked for our help to get the new one from the store. Needless to say we ended
up carrying this bed frame for like a mile. It was fun and we were grateful for
the opportunity. As well, during the afternoon we went to Pavones to have
interviews with President Pack. I seriously love him and I know he's the man I
needed to be my leader during this time on my mission. He told me that I am for
sure leaving this transfer and that he's got some big plans for me. So I don't
really know what to expect but, I'm excited. During medio día i got my hair
cut. We actually weren't able to eat with Aida tonight, which was sad. :)
Tuesday - Today was a pretty good day. This morning we had
district meeting. I love having district meeting and getting to see how much
each of the missionaries is progressing. Then we had a lesson with Paola in the
afternoon. We invited her to make any changes in her life that were necessary
so that she can go do baptisms in the temple. Then we played ping pong. I've
gotten pretty good and can beat everyone except for Elder Lopez and Juan Carlos
the other guy who comes every time we play.
Wednesday - So today we went to the temple in the morning. I
love going to the temple. I feel like I'm starting to understand why it is so
vital to the Lord's plan and it's really awesome to get to participate in the
work. For P-day we went to Sol and I bought a winter coat. It was like $60 but,
its water resistant and really warm so I think I made a good buy haha! After
pday we had English class. We had a new guy come named Cesar and he's from
Colombia and he wants to learn English as well as, as much as he can about our
church. We've finally found a new investigator, and I guess you could say we
are excited!
Thursday - Today was a long day. This morning we pretty much
just contacted the whole time. Then for Medio día we ate with Stefany and her
roommates. Afterwards we contacted the whole afternoon until we had correlation
at 8. Correlation was really good and we have some great plans for the upcoming
month.
Friday - This morning was full of pass-bys and it was pretty
good. This afternoon we did weekly planning and focused on using the member
list to get out to the people we've never met before. Then we had English
class. I don't know if you guys have checked the weather for here at all this
week but it has been like non-stop raining all week and that's super weird for
weather around here.
Saturday - This morning we played futbol with three people.
My companion and I and our friend Kebir. We played in the rain which was fun
and we enjoyed it a lot. It was really good bonding for us and Kebir and we
feel like he's gonna be more open to us teaching him now. Then we had a noche
de hogar. We talked about the commandments and the Armor of God. Then the
Hermanas carved pumpkins with the youth while we and Edison and Beatriz cleaned
the chapel.
Sunday - Today was a good day. We had church and afterwards
we ate with Edison and Beatriz. We watched "Meet the Mormons" with them and a
couple of recent converts, it was a cool experience because they could see that
there are cool Mormon people all over the world. Then we had a non-member
friend invite us to Churros. We ate churros and chocolate and talked about life
and the commandments. It was a pretty cool lesson. Then we contacted a little
and went home.
Monday - Today for P-day we are going to Pavones again and
playing basketball. It's the first time in a while and we are pumped.
(Mom, I was only at the hospital for like 3 hours. It was a
lot of 'fun,' just very different from what we are used to. It was fun they ran
blood tests and gave me an IV with fluids and all is well now. My stomach still
hurts but I'm getting better.)
DyC 4:3



No comments:
Post a Comment