Monday, December 5, 2016

Testimony of Temple / Leaving Alcorcon

November 14, 2016

Dear Mom, Dad and Sam:

[Week of Nov. 8-14]

Monday - So today for P-day we just chilled for the most part. We got our hair cut at Orley's house. Tonight we of course had a lesson at Aida's house. We ate some really good food and then shared a short message in 1 Nefi 18:2, building our lives in the way of the Lord.

Tuesday - So today Elder Lopez was a little bit sick this morning so we didn't leave the piso in the morning. Then for medio Día the Hermanas made him some soup and he felt better afterwards. We went and contacted for most of the afternoon. Then at 8 we had ping pong in the chapel. We had a lot of fun because a lot of people that don't usually come came.

Wednesday - This morning we had a meeting with Paola in the morning. Then we had district meeting. For district meeting we studied the Book of Mormon and shared our favorite stories. We also played a game called scripture golf to test our knowledge of where things are. Afterwards my companion and I ate at Burger King because we figured it would be our last time seeing as how we think I'm getting transferred this week. Afterwards we had a lesson with Mara. She's already a member and we have visited her a lot. She loves when we go over and help her study more. Tonight we had English class with Albert. Then we had music class afterwards. I love Alcorcon a lot!

Thursday - This morning we did weekly planning. Then for medio Día we went to The Good Burger (TGB), it's a pretty good burger place. With the thought of transfers we just don't really want to buy a bunch of food for the piso that I'm not going to eat by the end of the week. Tonight we ate dinner at Edison and Beatriz's house. Afterwards we talked with Armando about going to the temple tomorrow and we are really excited to go with him.

Friday - Well today was an amazing day! I technically turned one year old in the mission. This morning we had a lesson with Jose. Then medio Día a member invited us to eat a new restaurant here called Taco Bell. Hahaha! It was good. Then we took Armando and his daughter to the temple. Now I'm going to give the back story. Armando was baptized about a year and a half ago. Recently President Pack has gotten permission for the missionaries to go the last week of every transfer to the temple if they have recent converts to do baptisms. So we helped Armando get ready, as well I helped him get his brother's name who died when he was 15. The Hermanas got permission to go with his daughter who was baptized at the same time and actually just turned 12 a couple of weeks ago. So we all went, and we had a great experience. 

This experience was different for me because I got to do some special things. First President asked me if I would be willing to be a witness in the baptistery. Second, I had to wear a garment onesie for the first time ever and I loved it! Third, I actually got to do some confirmations as well! It was a really cool experience for me. President Pack was actually the one who did the baptisms for everyone. Armando was really emotional throughout the night. When he went into the water he and President Pack had already talked about the story of his brother. Let's just say it was a really spiritual and emotional moment for everyone in the room. I had a really amazing experience and I know the temple is the house of God. I can thank my mission for the increasing knowledge of this vital truth.

Saturday - Today was also a really good day. This morning we met with Andres and Paola, they are good friends. Anyway, we made a big American breakfast with bacon, eggs, hash browns, pancakes and sausages. It was super good. Afterwards we went to play futbol. It was kinda hard but we had a good time. Haha! Then for medio Día we ate with Beatriz again. After that we had a special lesson and English class with Albert. Then right after that we had correlation and we ate dinner with Armando tonight. HERE'S THE BIG NEWS! I'M GOING TO FUERTEVENTURA IN THE CANARY ISLANDS!!!!! I'M NOT GOING TO NEED ANY WINTER CLOTHES!!!!!

Sunday - Today as well was a really great day! This morning at church I actually had to speak for the first time in my mission. I could choose my topic so I chose the Atonement. I shared the poem the touch of the Masters hand. I feel like it went pretty good for being my first time speaking in church here. I also was able to say goodbye to everyone in church. During medio Día I packed. Then afterwards we went to visit Carmen and Jaylin some of our good friends here. Then we went to visit Francisco Ayala and his family. Then we finished the night of course at Edison and Beatriz's house. We kinda had a big going away party. I really love the members here! They have truly been my family and I love them dearly! I have a ton of pictures to send this week but I don't know if I will have sufficient time to send everything.


Candid Selfie with...(?)

Javier, Tamara, Beatriz, Elder Lopez, Elder Harris, Jaylin, Carmen, Mara, Johan - Group Farewell



Our buddy, Escobar
Paola, Andres, Flor, Stephany, Beatriz, Orley, Elder Lopez, Asael, Edison, Armondo, Elder Harris - CRAZY Group Farewell




Monday - Well today I leave Alcorcon. I gotta leave here at about 12 to get to the airport by 2. Then I have a flight to Gran Canaria. The I take another flight to Lanzarote where I will be spending the night. Then on Tuesday morning my new companion, Elder Perez,  and I will take a ferry to our island Fuerteventura where we will be the only missionaries there. I'm super pumped for this experience. I'm still going to be the District Leader. We'll actually have to do district Meeting over skype on Wednesdays. Elder Perez is just barely getting done training so I will be his second companion on the mission. He's from Utah and no he is not a native! Haha!

I love you guys so much! Hopefully I will have time to send everything I want to this week. But, if not I will next week.


DyC 4:3

No comments:

Post a Comment