Dear Mom and Dad,
So this week was pretty laid back. We didn't really have a lot of teaching opportunities. But we did have a good week. We met a bunch of people from the United States this week and they were like all members! Haha it's so funny how small the world is when you are Mormon. Haha!

[Mom & Dad warned him about the dangers of ingesting toxic bird and/or rodent poop when cleaning out sheds, etc. -- See last post.] Yea the pigeon poop was terrible, but I believe that we were protected because we are missionaries. We had a lot of fun actually and it was a good opportunity to serve. That guy is actually the Elders quorum president and he's willing to help us with lessons. He's a really cool guy.
![]() |
| With Hermana Vasas (friend from MTC) and Elder Farmer |
Yea, the service we do here isn't exactly the most fun thing to do but we do actually enjoy it. I absolutely love serving people. Dad, I think it's interesting that in your letter this week you talked about service. I have a huge amount of respect and I don't know what to call it but just an amazing example of service from you. I tell everybody, if there's a service project and we didn't have something else more important where we just HAD to be, we were there. I have learned so much from that. I know I was born to amazing parents. I don't say it enough but I couldn't have asked for better ones.
With our District: Hermanas Valencia & Shaw, Elders Collazos & Johnson, and Elder Farmer and me.
REGARDING LAST WEEK'S PHOTOS
That guy that was sitting on the pole was just like a performer in the street in Sol. It was super weird but they got a ton of money. It was crazy how the one guy held the other guy up for so long. We were amazed!
NEVER IGNORE A PROMPTING
Wow what a nice guy, doing that to help you feel safe out to the car, mom. I'm grateful that you followed the spirit. There's a video with Thomas S. Monson where he says, "Never ever, ignore a prompting from the Spirit. And when you feel the prompting stop whatever you are doing and do what the prompting says!" I'm so proud to hear that you are having missionary opportunities just like me. That's awesome! Something we have learned is at it is easiest to just be yourself. You can't put up a wall as a missionary and expect people to want to talk to you or connect with you. Being yourself is the key. As Henry B. Eyring says, "when we make mission calls, we don't send the missionaries to where we think they are going to succeed. We send them to where we know that the people need them." I know that I am here to help the people of Spain. They need me. We look all day to try and find 'the one.'
![]() |
| Four Towers - Heart of Madrid |
![]() |
| Four Towers - Heart of Madrid |
"WHY ARE WE EVEN HERE?"
This past week Elder Farmer and I were talking about how bad Spain is. Like in the meaning of how much just blatant sin and disrespect for God goes on here. He was saying "why are we even here? No one wants to listen to us, no one here even believes in God. Why can't we be serving in South America or Africa where all the people are prepared?" At the time these seemed like good questions. Then later I was thinking, "if we aren't here, if we aren't the ones trying to bring the gospel to these people, no one will. If we aren't looking, these people will never get the chance to hear the gospel in this life." It's sad to think about the situation of the people here. I really pray for their well-being, physically and spiritually.
Dad - this one's for you: PERU!
![]() |
| Elders Farmer & Harris with Peruvian Flag at Noche de Naciones, where 9 countries were represented by ward members |
HA! I'm offended that you thought that photo could be me [see last post]. Me and that guy look nothing alike! His name is Elder Bigelow. He's from Rigby, Idaho. [As if that's a bad thing...?]
LIKE THE SONS OF MOSIAH
I absolutely love Spain. The people are hard, but the experience is growing on me. I feel a lot like the sons of Mosiah, who went amongst there enemies to preach to them. These people, refuse to believe in God. And as God has always said he will not be mocked. Neither will he adjust to the demands of mankind. The good thing is there are amazing people here who have been super prepared to listen to us, for that, we are here.
Cool photos from Tres Olivos!
![]() |
| Tres Olivos |
![]() |
| Tres Olivos |
FRIENDS LEARNING ABOUT THE CHURCH
Evelyn and Federico are doing great! We absolutely love them. They are going to take some time, but, they are going to progress.
Evelyn and Federico are doing great! We absolutely love them. They are going to take some time, but, they are going to progress.
We have a new investigator named Daniel. He actually has been receiving the missionaries for the past 5 years. But for some reason at the beginning of 2014 the Elders just dropped him and left no information why. We called him and he had been waiting for the call. He has a ton of addictions! A ton! And we are going to help him. He's a Spaniard and he has already read the entire B.o.M. Like 3 times. He has a super strong testimony. He just can't overcome his addictions. We are really going to work hard with him.
MAKING BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS
Tried to make it look like Whataburger...
Holy cow! That's the best thing I've eaten in Spain,
that's AMAZING.
Holy cow! That's the best thing I've eaten in Spain,
that's AMAZING.
| The "best thing I've eaten in Spain!" |
GENERAL AUTHORITY COMING
On November 19 there is a special guest speaker coming here. Elder Craig C. Christensen of the Seventy. I'm singing in the choir. A special musical number. Number 114 Come unto him! I'm super excited! It's going to be really fun. [Sing out, my boy!]
Everything is going good here. We are both really healthy. I'm finally getting fit again! Haha! I love serving with Elder Farmer. This will be remembered as one of the best transfers of my mission.
![]() |
| Enjoying Italian Gelato last week on PDay! |
![]() |
| PDay Clothes from PriMark |
Today for Pday we played basketball in Pavones with President Pack and a bunch of other missionaries.
Well, I love you all so much, I pray that you have an amazing week!
Love,
Elder Grayson Harris











No comments:
Post a Comment