Wednesday, November 25, 2015

District Leader and Trainer

November 9, 2015

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well, this week was really eventful. As I said in my last email I am singing in a choir of missionaries for when Elder Craig C. Christensen comes. We are really excited for this opportunity to miss out on some studies. Haha! We actually have to go to practices on our p-days! I'm singing the bass part of Come unto Him. I'm really excited. Elder Farmer as well is singing the bass part. We are really excited.


So I have absolutely loved serving with Elder Farmer this transfer and as I've gotten to know him better I know he's a great guy and that he's always got the best of intentions. Our major success of this transfer is not 'dying' together while we were both so young in the mission and learning a new area together. I love serving with him.
Our real measurable success this transfer is that we have helped a really good friend named Hestrobel come back to church. Before we were here he hadn't come in 3 months. Now that we've been here he has come the past three weeks straight. All he needed was a friend to come and help him feel needed and it was awesome. We have loved getting to know him better and help him come back to the church he loves. I will attach photos of us later.
 
Elders Harris & Farmer with Hestrobel
BIG NEWS!!!!
Transfers came out. I'M TRAINING, and DISTRICT LEADER! Woah! Haha! It's a big step, right? Hahahaha! It's been really amazing serving with Elder Farmer but I am so excited to get a new companion who I get to help learn the ropes. It's going to be so exciting! District leader though was just too much. Haha! I have so many responsibilities now and I'm going to be ripping my hair out trying to help all of these people. But, I am SO EXCITED!


Final District Photo
Elder Farmer is going to stay in Barrio 1 with me and he is also TRAINING! Wow! We were both amazed when we received the phone call with the news. It's so awesome though.

So, what does that mean for this week's email? Who is my new companion? You're just going to have to wait. Haha! We get our new companions on Tuesday and I'll write you all next week who my companion is. Haha!


Zone Conference

This week we did a lot of less active work. I love this part of my mission. I love working with less actives. When we brought Hestrobel back to church it almost felt better than having a baptism. It's the same thing. Bringing the 1 out of the 100 that have been lost is just as important as adding one to the flock. I really think it is my favorite part of missionary work. My deep desire though is that if I work a ton with these people that someday in the future there will be missionaries who do whatever it takes to help Randi to come back. I can't picture the eternities without her. I think that some how it will balance out on the scales. Just a personal thought.
GOOD FRIENDS, COMPANIONS
Other than that, we have learned a lot this transfer. My Spanish has gotten a lot better. Elder Farmer's Spanish has improved a lot as well. We have also I think grown a lot as missionaries as we have had to improve our maturity and work ethic. It was hard at times to serve with my best friend on the mission but it was also one of the most fun transfers of my mission. I loved it! I'm learning so much about myself and the life I want to have after the mission. It has been an amazing first 6 months. I have loved every second of it. Can you believe I've already been gone this long? Next month we get to talk via Skype again. Haha! That's going to be really fun.

THANKSGIVING
So news about our amazing Ward. So because we have American families and they understand what it is like to be on a mission because all of the parents are returned missionaries, we are all going to eat a large Thanksgiving feast together on Thanksgiving and I couldn't be more excited. Literally, out of the 6 couples, All of them are returned missionaries. It's so awesome having Americans in your Ward here. They understand us and it's a lot easier to relate with them. It's really cool having people that share your culture and language in the same Ward as you.
I'm happy to hear that Sam will be able to play in his game. That's super exciting. I'm so happy he doesn't need surgery. Haha Sam's 'beard' is disgusting. Haha! Like I was seriously grossed out. LOL

We will be having transfers on December 8th but I'm staying with my greenie most likely. In the way of our investigators most of our friends have stopped talking to us, so we are just in finding mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment