Dear Mom & Dad:
Well this week has been another good one, full of random miracles and lots of cool stuff. From day one to now Aranjuez has improved tremendously and I plan on keeping it going upward after Elder Norrell leaves. Yes he is leaving in 2 weeks. Next week will be our last Pday together. Wow! That's kinda crazy! We have been together for a long time though and both of us are pretty ready for a change. We are really going to be pushing it these last 2 weeks because it's his last 2 ever. We are really trying to help the memories go out as good ones.
In front of the Aranjuez Palace.
The next zone meeting is Thursday but the reason we aren't supposed to receive mail in the piso is just in case we are moving. I would be a lot more comfortable telling you my address if I knew for sure that I am going to be staying here next transfer.
In front of the Aranjuez Palace.
![]() |
| Mom LOVE, LOVE, LOVES this picture! |
That really is sad though about David [Maples] (see last post). He was a really good friend. I'm happy he'll be able to serve with me though. It will always be a reminder to work hard. [Elder Harris asked David's parents if he could carry a photo of David with him through his mission to remind him to work hard enough for both of them. They were honored, and we are mailing a photo to him this week.]
This is from our pueblo Ciempozuelos, it's an ugly little place. Haha! I love it though!
![]() |
| LOVE this photo! |
I love that picture that you sent me!! It's awesome! A lot of times it is hard to find inspiration to walk one more street or to knock one more door but little by little we are earning the points to receive the blessings of the Lord. When no one else wants to be doing it and you just go out and get it done, I know I will get blessings and I know that I will be guided by the Spirit.
ABOUT OUR INVESTIGATORS
Axxx is awesome still. We have a lesson with him tomorrow, the Word of Wisdom. He lives here by himself and he is divorced. He gets to see his kids usually once every couple years when he travels home. But, he chats with them all the time. He actually has cousins who are already members of the church. He knew very little about us so he was interested to see what we had in store to teach him. Something that he loves about our church is that we don't make fun of or attack other religions. He thinks that is really great. Hopefully he will baptized in the coming month. In our last lesson with him he actually said, "you know, right now I feel like Joseph. I feel like I am on my path to find the right church. And, up until now this is the one." We are so happy to see him progressing.
Rxxx is doing good. He and his wife came to church this past Sunday. He is not a body builder but he does go to the gym like every day except for Sunday.
Mxxx is still progressing. She is really awesome.
Hxxx we haven't met with in a while and he hasn't come to church. He's a little bit more difficult but we aren't giving up on him.
![]() |
| From our noche de hogar (FHE) with the families in Valdemoro on Sunday night. All are Peruvians except for one. |
Txxx is doing pretty well. Mxxx, well he hasn't been at church for a while. We are working with him but he is really struggling right now. And the JW lady we still haven't met with so I don't know anything about her.
We have another new investigator. Her name is Sxxx and she is from Colombia! Wow, these Colombians seem to be our strong point. She was contacted by Elder Norrell and Elder Rawlinson while I was with Elder Koeven in Madrid. We were on intercambios. Anyways, she was contacted by them and she is divorced and she has a kid that is 8 years old. She also is major struggling with alcoholism right now. She completely opened up to them and talked about how she needs something to help her son to get raised in the right path. She really wants us to teach them and baptize them both so that 1) Her son can be raised right and 2) During her conversion we can help her overcome her addiction. Please pray for her as well.
We have another new investigator. Her name is Sxxx and she is from Colombia! Wow, these Colombians seem to be our strong point. She was contacted by Elder Norrell and Elder Rawlinson while I was with Elder Koeven in Madrid. We were on intercambios. Anyways, she was contacted by them and she is divorced and she has a kid that is 8 years old. She also is major struggling with alcoholism right now. She completely opened up to them and talked about how she needs something to help her son to get raised in the right path. She really wants us to teach them and baptize them both so that 1) Her son can be raised right and 2) During her conversion we can help her overcome her addiction. Please pray for her as well.
The Tennessee banner [in photo from last week] is from a bar here that set up a stand at the local town festivals. The Tennessee is from the Jack Daniels bottle. HA!
We are working on taking more photos together. Hopefully the ones I am sending today will be good. It's really weird sending a missionary home. It's hard some days to get up and work but we are going to do it! We need to do it. This area needs us.
It's really cool to hear that Carole Stephens [from General RS Board] was in Tennessee. That means we are kinda like a big deal down there right? Haha! I'm sorry work is stressful right now. How's school?
Two new apostles!
Two new apostles! It's going to be crazy to see who they are. Now more that I have been on my mission reading what these apostles say and write I really am going to miss the 2 that recently passed away [L. Tom Perry and Boyd K. Packer].
We are working on taking more photos together. Hopefully the ones I am sending today will be good. It's really weird sending a missionary home. It's hard some days to get up and work but we are going to do it! We need to do it. This area needs us.
It's really cool to hear that Carole Stephens [from General RS Board] was in Tennessee. That means we are kinda like a big deal down there right? Haha! I'm sorry work is stressful right now. How's school?
Two new apostles!
I love you guys so much!
Love,
Elder Grayson Harris










No comments:
Post a Comment