Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I Love the Temple!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Dear Mom & Dad:

Anyway...so, this week was pretty good. Tell the Bennetts I say hi. That's cool to hear that they blessed [Whitney's and Brian's] babies on the same Sunday.
 
THE TEMPLE 
The Temple was great! Wow! I really love to go there! We did the 8 o'clock session in the morning and it was very early. Haha! Elder Norrell and I stayed the night again in the piso of the Barrio 6 elders. I truly do love the temple though and it's a blessing to be able to go. HAHA - FUNNY STORY:  Elder Norrell actually wasn't able to go because his temple recommend expired the day before we went. Which is typical Elder Norrell luck. He has REALLY BAD luck. 
 
District in front of the Madrid Temple
This week I'm not going to go day by day because we didn't really have that much happen. I'm just going to talk about the good things. 
Axxx - He is progressing really well actually. He was at church this past Sunday and he is on date! He is hopefully going to be baptized October 3. He will be my first convert! I'm really hoping he continues to progress quickly. He's super cool and he's a very good cook. We've eaten with him twice now. Both times it was really good food. He actually was married before he came to Spain and he has 4 children that live in Colombia. He's very nice and he loves the Book of Mormon. He was so prepared to hear our message. Please continue to pray for him.

 
 
[Mom loved this picture of Christ and the apostles with
the elders, so I sent it to Elder Harris this week.]

Other investigators - We haven't had a ton of opportunities to teach most of them. They are very busy and I guess they don't really have a ton of interest. They dodge our calls and sometimes lie and then we see them later that night. We've had some awkward experiences with them. 
 

Roni's Family - They are doing great. They were all at church again this week and wow they are awesome. The 2 daughters are both doing really well. Roni absolutely loves us. He always gives us hugs and he is so happy when we go over to his house. He's a really nice guy for someone that looks like the hulk with a t-shirt on. 
 
 Seriously, check out this lady asleep on the train we rode on our PDay:
 
Zzzzzzzzz...
District and Zone conferences - [When Mom reminded him to thank the Relief Society for feeding them at their District/Zone Conferences] First off, THE RELIEF SOCIETY DOES NOT FEED US! The mission president pays for everyone to get pizza and his wife makes salad. If we want to have desert his wife makes that as well. Like in all seriousness the relief society had nothing to do with it. Haha! [Ok, fine. Mom still hopes he thanked Sister Pack for the salad!]
 
The extent of Elder Harris' information on this photo was
"Feels Like Home"
So I don't know what in the world a Tennessee
banner? kiosk? is doing in Aranjuez!
 
We eat every Thursday at Manu's house. This is his family, Valentina (holding birthday gift we gave her), Rocio (Manu's sister), Michael, Harris, Norrell and baby Luca.
 

Thursday dinners with Manu's family
In the back at Manu's family store on P-Day -- They were all tired...?
 

 

"COOL EXPERIENCE"
Last night we had a pretty cool experience. We were going to visit a less active family and when we got there a lot of their family was there, like cousins and aunts and stuff. We ended up teaching a lesson to one of the cousins and she was really impacted by it so we were really amazed that we had that experience! The less active family helped by bearing their testimonies and telling that the Book of Mormon was true. It was really cool to see that. 
 
The Strawberry Train and Festival to commemorate the Revolt of Aranjuez were held Sept. 4th and 5th:
 
 
 
 
SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE
Dad - the language is going pretty well. I've been told I speak like someone who has been out a year or more. I understand almost everything and my companion keeps telling me I'm going to train because I'm really good at Spanish (?) but I do not want to train this early in the mission. It might happen though. We get 43 new missionaries this transfer and there are only like 110 in the mission so half of the mission will be training. I don't know when I'm going to leave Aranjuez.
 
Also this week I was able to eat Papas Rellenas from a family that is from Peru. Wow, if this was the food you were eating the whole time you were in Peru, I would have gotten so fat! I don't really exercise a whole ton right now because it is really hard for me to just get up and get moving. I am still losing weight and no, I'm not very hungry ever. We walk everywhere So I have pretty good exercise. Both the pairs of jeans I brought with me are too big for me now. Haha! Mission probs...I'm doing really good though. We have plenty of food. Occasionally, the only problem is a lack of money. Today I had to pull out some from the personal account. 
 
PDAY Phun Photos:
1) In Front of The Aranjuez Palace
2) My new 'short' do

3) AS ALWAYS, WE LOVE TACO BELL!

Mailing Address: I don't want to give it to you right now because I might get transferred. It's only effective for you to send mail to the mission office right now. Also I don't want to break the rules. Also, if you send a package/letter to the piso I have to be there to get it or I have to pay to get it out of the post office. The mail system stinks here.
 
I love you all, wish you all the best!
 
Love,
Elder Grayson Harris
 
[Elder Harris started off his email expressing his personal sadness and grief at having lost David Maples, a family friend from Franklin who was preparing to leave for his mission in Mexico. They moved to Las Vegas a couple of years ago, and David was killed on Sept. 2nd in a motorcycle/car crash. Our love goes out to the Maples family, and we are sending prayers for their comfort and peace.]
 
David Maples
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment