Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Settling Into Aranjuez

Elder Harris got his iPad this week, so he's a happy camper! He is finally able to take and send photos. He and his companion, Elder Norrell are the only missionaries in the city of Aranjuez, so they have lots to do! 
 
"So life here is pretty interesting on a day to day basis. We eat pretty well and I'm really starting to trim up. We spend like 4-5 hours a day proselyting on the street. We don't really knock doors but we have done it a couple times. We usually walk up and down the same streets. We are the only companionship in Aranjuez the next closest are in Toledo and Madrid which is a 40 minute bus ride in either direction.
 
We are pretty isolated out here which is why it is good that we are pretty good friends with the members. The day's are really long here. The sun comes out at 6:15 and goes down at 10. It's crazy how long it's out! I'm starting to get kind of tan so I guess that's a plus. Last night I was really sick. It's probably from whatever the members fed us. But, that's just part of the life of a missionary. Today we played soccer for p-day. 
 
Companions: Elder Norrell and Elder Harris
 
Elder Norrell and Elder Harris in front of Madrid Temple
So Txxx and Pxxx are both doing super well! Pxxx we have on date for July 11th and Txxx will have a date pretty quick here. We have a new investigator named Lxxx and he was actually a reference from some other Elders. He is awesome. He's from Venezuela and like with a few of our other investigators he was very prepared to hear the Gospel. We will actually probably have a baptism here in 2 weeks so that's another really good thing. I'm super excited for the time to come. 
"Look at the cool rainbow!" (but Mom can't get over the mustache --
are the razors not working? He says he is shaving every single morning.)
My feet are a work in progress as well as my Spanish. My trainer and I really starting to work on only speaking Spanish which should help with my ability to speak the language. My feet have some large calluses but they don't hurt very much anymore so I guess you could say it's improving. I love being in Aranjuez. Next week I'm going to try and send a lot of photos. This week I'm going to send a few.
 
Please help pray for our investigators Txxx, Pxxx and Lxxx."

With love Always,
Elder Harris
_______________________________
 
Final REMINDER:  Elder Harris' birthday is on July 8th, and it takes 2-3 weeks for mail to deliver. I'm sure he'd love to receive cards and hugs from home on his first birthday in Spain! (address at top of blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment