Elder Harris has had another great week! He experienced some 'firsts' and has gained an appreciation for the southern hospitality of Tennessee...or hospitality of any kind, I guess.
They're getting lots of help in their little branch, and the branch President is a great example to him.
"So this week was interesting and here's why. We had a baptismal date set but then our investigator decided she wanted to wait a couple months to see if this is really what she wants. Also this week we walked around a lot...like so much! We have super good investigators right now but we just don't have very many lessons otherwise. Our goal is to get to like having 20-25 lessons a week. Right now we have like 10-18. We are actually having a ton of success right now and the members are growing to want to help us more and more. Our branch president is amazing! He served a mission in the Bilbao Spain mission but I don't think he has ever really stopped serving a mission, he is so willing to help us like anytime. It's awesome!"
They're getting lots of help in their little branch, and the branch President is a great example to him.
"So this week was interesting and here's why. We had a baptismal date set but then our investigator decided she wanted to wait a couple months to see if this is really what she wants. Also this week we walked around a lot...like so much! We have super good investigators right now but we just don't have very many lessons otherwise. Our goal is to get to like having 20-25 lessons a week. Right now we have like 10-18. We are actually having a ton of success right now and the members are growing to want to help us more and more. Our branch president is amazing! He served a mission in the Bilbao Spain mission but I don't think he has ever really stopped serving a mission, he is so willing to help us like anytime. It's awesome!"
![]() |
| Elder Norrell in the chapel of their church |
![]() |
| Piano at their chapel |
The Wheels on the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round...
"Right now I'm on the bus to Madrid for my first intercambio (companion exchange) ever. It'll be sweet! I love being here in Spain. Right now I'm struggling with the desire to contact on the street here, it's difficult for me. I'm also learning that here what Americans consider rude is totally chill here. The people here are just different. The normal conversations here would be considered like really tacky in the U.S."
He has also learned that where there is smoke there is...well, the smell of smoke.
"Here's a really scary statistic, 45% of all Spaniards from age 14-60 smoke cigarettes. Eewww...but it's super true it's gross when you see a really attractive girl walking down the road here and then you'll see the smoke cloud and realize that she smokes just like all the rest. It's a really annoying thing here. I'm like getting used to always smelling cigarette smoke.
"Right now I'm on the bus to Madrid for my first intercambio (companion exchange) ever. It'll be sweet! I love being here in Spain. Right now I'm struggling with the desire to contact on the street here, it's difficult for me. I'm also learning that here what Americans consider rude is totally chill here. The people here are just different. The normal conversations here would be considered like really tacky in the U.S."
![]() |
| Elder Harris in front of yet another unidentified historical site |
He has also learned that where there is smoke there is...well, the smell of smoke.
"Here's a really scary statistic, 45% of all Spaniards from age 14-60 smoke cigarettes. Eewww...but it's super true it's gross when you see a really attractive girl walking down the road here and then you'll see the smoke cloud and realize that she smokes just like all the rest. It's a really annoying thing here. I'm like getting used to always smelling cigarette smoke.
This week we set a date with our investigator Txxxx for July 11th :)! She's awesome, and hopefully we will actually get to baptize her. She has been taking some heat from her family as she continues to meet with us but she says she knows that what we are teaching her is true."
Elder Harris' mother has now officially told him to get to the Mission NURSE:
"So my blisters turned into calluses and then they just filled up with this nasty pus juice so yea I have pretty bad blisters still and I can't hardly wear the shoes that I actually have to tie because they just kill my feet. It's been a pretty difficult week when it comes to my feet. [WHAT IN THE WORLD...?!]
So you guys sent me a package? What address did you send it to? Is it the mission home because if so I will have to wait until the next zone meeting to get it. I'm making the shampoo I have last as long as possible. So yea my birthday is coming up here pretty quick wow! That's weird! It's weird to think I've already been here a eighth of my mission.
It's also crazy that we have 16 areas closing in our mission by the end of the Summer. Because we have a lot of missionaries leaving in the next couple months and not nearly enough coming to take their place our mission is going to shrink a little bit."
Missionary Chores...
"We actually spend the first 30 mins every pday cleaning up the piso. Also the laundry thing here is a big hassle you have to plan like a couple days in advance when you are going to do your laundry we are lucky though because our washer actually dries the clothes too it's a 2 in 1.
I'm glad to hear everything is going well at home and it'll be cool having all the family over and going to see Chris and Nath here in a little bit."
Love Always,
Elder Harris
Elder Harris




No comments:
Post a Comment