Monday, June 29, 2015

Regular and CRAZY Missionary Antics

"This week has been really good.

THE FEET!
My feet have been healing super well. I bought a new pair of shoes from a store. The brand is Fluchos and they are like the highest quality shoes you can find here in Spain. They were kind of expensive but better healed than not. [WHEW! Mom is relieved!] I bought them on sale for 80 euros that's why my account has less money in it now. 
 
That's crazy about Mason's [Wheeler] first companion being from Spain. I'll ask around about the name. It's crazier that Joe [Critchlow] is leaving for his mission next week. Ah! Also my birthday is next week too! Wow this is all kinda crazy!"
 
The Apartment
"In my piso we have no yard. I'll try to take some photos to send next week. The bed is pretty comfortable. Elder Norrell actually because he is an amazing companion, gave me the queen size bed in our piso and he took just a the twin size bed. He's really awesome and I love him. We actually get along super well."
Elder Norrell - his mom posted this on Missionary Moms Page

Today the temperature was 108 degrees. It's going to be like this basically all the rest of the summer it's just how it is here. It's very hot here. And after 2 no one is outside until like 7 so it's really hard to proselyte as well."
 
The Language & the Book of Mormon
"The language is actually going pretty well. I've been told I speak really well compared to most of the other greenies when they come out but I have to speak. I'm usually very quiet during our meetings. But I'm reading the Book of Mormon. I'm already in Alma and it's going super well. I love this book, I love the spirit that it can bring. It's sad when people won't listen to us because I want to share with them something that I treasure but they just see it as something crazy. I have 2 favorite scriptures right now. One is Alma 7:11-13 and the other is Mosiah 26:30. Both talk about the Atonement and the Savior's love for us. That's one of my favorite this to share with people. I love sharing that God loves us. He really does he wants to help us as much as he can. All we have to do is ask. 
 
Madrid Temple (photo from their mission newsletter)

"Txxx, she is so awesome. She had some Word of Wisdom issues but as soon as we told her it was a commandment from God she said she would obey it. She was so prepared to hear our message it's a small miracle for us to be seeing her progress so fast. Less than 2 weeks now and I'll have my first baptism. I'm pretty excited that I am getting one in the beginning of my mission. A lot of people don't get one until later on."


"This Ontigola - a small pueblo close to us. LOOK AT THAT VIEW!!"

"Dad - My camera uses normal SD cards. The cards I can't use or exchange anywhere here so I'm going to send them home one at a time. Um other than that things are good. With my feet I'm really not suffering too much anymore. I'm just trying to work hard. We are really witnessing a lot of small miracles here every day. The people here are great and I love them but they really are just super culturally different. I have the desire to change Spain but it's going to be very hard, no one lets us get past hola coma esta? We are working though and I feel the work is going to progress here soon. I can almost taste it."  

CRAZY ANTICS -- WAIT FOR IT...
 
"So something new about me. I shaved my legs! Haha! I guess it's cool but I definitely like my normal hairy legs. This is a pretty different change for me. So here's actually the story of how it happened. I was sitting in a less actives house and we were just about to eat dinner and then the wife walks over with some wax strips and is like "okay Elders, you guys both have to take at least one of these and put them on your leg. It's tradition here in Aranjuez." So we said alright. And so she waxed like my entire right leg  and then I had to shave the rest and then I just shaved my entire left leg. I still don't really know how I feel about it."
 
 

 

"Haha so yea there's an update on my life. Things are going well. I pray for you all everyday. I hope everything can get done that needs to before Beth and Blair get there. I'm always happy to hear from you all. Did gay marriage get passed in the U.S. Yesterday? Some members told us that it did and we said no way--but I just figured I could ask you guys." 

I love you all so much,
Love,
Elder Grayson Harris
 
HERE ARE SOME ADDITIONAL PHOTOS HE IS IN.  I DOWNLOADED THEM FROM THE MISSIONARY MOMS FACEBOOK PAGE -- THEY ARE FROM THE MTC BEFORE HE WENT TO ARANJUEZ.
 



Ha! Tourists...
 
Beginning July 1st (Wednesday), Elder Harris will have a new Mission President (and family). President Scott and Sister Ruthanne Jackson will be leaving, and President Kevin and Sister Cindy Pack will be taking over the reigns. We've read a lot about the Pack Family from Hattiesburg, MS, and they sound like they will be wonderful! 
 
Pack Family


No comments:

Post a Comment