April 17, 2017
[Week of April 11 - 17]
Wednesday - This morning was a finding morning. We were out
the whole morning looking for new people and by bad luck I think we were always
just one street away from the people. After Medio día we did some more finding
in the South part of Puerto del Rosario where tampoco did we find anybody. We
stayed down there until about 7 and then we called and set up an appointment
with John and his dad to meet at 8. John has been kind of bummed out all of the
time recently because he didn't get into the military like he wanted to and for
some reason he has connected that with the church. We talked to him today about
a Mormon Message called Earthly Father, Heavenly Father. We talked about the
love of God and how through prayer we can receive answers and comfort for any
situation. He seemed to really enjoy it.
| Puerto Del Rosario |
Thursday - So this morning we left the Piso a little bit
early like at 8:30 to go to Paco and Nati's house in Antigua to do more service
out there. We were there until about 1:45. Then my companion and I headed back
to Puerto because we had set up an eating appointment with Ronald and Alicia.
They fed us some really good lasagna and we talked all about the good places in
Puerto del Rosario to get something to eat. Then this afternoon we did weekly
planning and our studies. We are excited for the upcoming week.
Friday - Today we had another really good service
opportunity. Yolanda called and asked if we could help paint her house and so
we said yes of course. She lives in a Piso with three stories so you could say
there was a lot to paint. We were there for about 6 hours today painting and
then she made us paella for lunch. Then my companion and I taught English
class. Then we met with Jorge again. He recently had a friend that passed away
so he was kinda bummed about that. We shared the Because of Him Mormon message
and talked about how Christ overcame everything so that we can feel comfort in
these hard moments and so that we can feel love in our dark moments. He really
liked it and seemed to feel a lot better afterwards.
Painting Yolanda's House
Saturday - So today we went back to Yolanda's to finish the
painting. Today we were there for about the same amount of time and we worked
to try and get it all finished. We finished probably 90% of it which is a big
help because she could just finish the rest after we left.
Sunday - Today was good, church was good. Then we went to
Zenon's house for lunch. Then after that we had Correlation with Zenon. Then my
companion and I did our studies. Then we contacted for a good amount of time
later today. It was a pretty good day.
Monday - Today we are going to go bowling with Zenon's son,
Zenon. Other than that we don't really have any other plans. I'll let you know
if we do anything cool.
| New Suit |
I'm sorry to hear about Zelma's passing, please send my condolences.
I'm excited for Sam to get his Eagle that's gonna be so good for him. It also
crazy that he's going to Prom. He's getting old and I'm getting older, I can't
wait to see him soon here in 7 months and beat him in a wrestling match. Yes I
got my Valentines package about a month and a half ago. Thanks for the pillow
case.
Can you send an email or call the Troseths and thank them
for the letter they sent me?
Love,
Elder Harris
No comments:
Post a Comment