Sunday, April 30, 2017

Conference in the Canaries

April 3, 2017

[Week of March 27 - April 2]

Tuesday and Wednesday - Well I had some more migraines and didn't really get to do much. I don't really know what the deal is with them but they come and go every once and a while. So we pretty much just chilled in Piso. I slept like 17 hours on Tuesday.
Elders Ward & Harris
Thursday - Today was awesome, we got to go and do service again at Paco and Nati's house. We are still working on the roofing and some clearing out of old stuff. It was really fun. I love that in this area we get to do so much service! This is my only area where I can say we've done service basically every week. After service we went home and did studies and went to bed because we have to catch a 8:30 flight to Tenerife.

House we're working on


Elders Harris, Pulotu & Douglas


Friday - Today we had zone conference in Tenerife. It was really great! We saw the new Easter initiative video, Prince of Peace. It is amazing! If you haven't seen it I challenge you to watch it. It has a great message and it isn't very long. As well, if you could share it on Social media that would be awesome. It's an easy thing to do, and it will help people to know that we are Christians and that we believe in the same Savior everyone does. Today was actually my first time in Tenerife and I loved it. The island is so green and beautiful. It's more humid than our island but it would definitely be worth coming back and trying to see the cool stuff on it.



Saturday - So today we caught a 7 a.m. Flight back to Fuerteventura. We had to get up at 5 a.m. and then try to catch a taxi to the airport because there is not a bus that early in the morning. We got to the airport at about 6 and waited to take off. I love that we get to fly around so much and try out all the other islands. It's a blessing of being on your own island. We watched conference today and it was Amazing! I don't know if I have a favorite talk but I really loved all of it. Seriously it was a spiritual feast for the World. I can't believe when I was younger I didn't like watching it or paying attention. We watched both of the Saturday day sessions today and tomorrow we will watch Priesthood and the other two sessions tomorrow.

Sunday - Today was really good as well, the sessions of conference were amazing. My favorite talk overall was Dale G. Renlund's talk. Although I also really enjoyed the talks by D Todd and Dallin H. Oaks. The whole thing was great and to hear the announcement of new temples was cool. If there was a general theme I would have to say that I think it is building personal testimonies of the basics and striving to become like Christ. There was also a lot of focus on the Holy Ghost. As well, Ulisses Soares talked and that was really cool because I literally just hugged that man like 6 weeks ago and now I'm receiving instruction from him in general conference. It was a very spiritually uplifting experience all around and I'm already excited for conference in October.

                                                            Drive from Antigua

Monday - Today we are having a really laid back P-day and just chilling. Next pday we will be hanging out with Jose BalaƱos. Oh, so my suit ripped. And I doubt we are gonna be able to fix it again. So to buy a new one I'll need about 100$ or a little more. It'll be a nice good quality suit from Zara. This could just be my birthday present if that's okay with you guys? I ripped my suit by literally bending over very slowly to pick up a pen. I was trying to be careful and it happened anyways. Today we made burritos for lunch and they were delicious. I actually really enjoy cooking and learning how to make new dishes. Maybe I'll be a professional cook someday. Haha! I would really love to see if maybe when I come home I can take some cooking classes...but, it would just be a hobby. I also really want to learn how to dance like they do here. Like the salsa or Bachata dances.

Beautiful Sunset


Love,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment