Saturday, May 2, 2015

First Email From Madrid

I won't always share his entire letter, but this is the first email, and I just wanted to share how excited he sounds. We are so excited too -- that he is where he is.

April 23, 2015

Hey Mom,

It has been an amazing first week here. I know this is where i´m supposed to be. My companion is Elder Acevedo. He is from L.A. We are the Zone Leaders of the MTC. In total there are 34 missionaries here, but, we receive 3 more next week! It has been an absolute pleasure to be meeting all of the amazing young people that are also serving here. The food here is actually pretty good. It´s not traditional Spanish food but they are introducing us to it slowly. I´m sleeping pretty well actually and the jet lag wore off after a couple of days. Today the email service isn´t working so I can´t send you guys any photos but there are quite a few ready to be shared. 

We go to the Temple every P-day here and it has been an amazing experience to see the work done there. I love the Temple! The weather here is AMAZING! It´s always sunny and warm and its just been like vacation weather outside. Spain itself is beautiful. The people are beautiful! I already love the people here so much. Today for my P-Day i will be touring a lot of major historical sites and i will take pictures while i am out there. I love you Mom. I also love and appreciate the prayers you guys are saying on my behalf. I can always feel the love of the people praying for me whenever i get discouraged. Again i love you.

Love Elder Harris

P.S. We can skype on mother´s day. I do not know what time yet but keep that in mind. 

With Elder Perron (from France) and Elder Bennion (from Salt Lake City).
 We proselyte every Saturday in en Retiro Parque in Madrid.
[His companion, Elder Acevedo is apparently taking the photo]

We also sing in the parque and that attracts a lot of attention so it is good exposure. 

[Looks like they're having a little fun in one of the MTC dorms]

No comments:

Post a Comment