March 6, 2017
[Week of February 28 –
5]
Tuesday - Today I went on an intercambio with Elder Boyd. It
was pretty fun. He's only got about two weeks left now and he's stressing about
it, but, he's working hard and setting a really good example for me for when I
get to that point in my mission. We did some contacting and actually taught a
street lesson. It was pretty cool.
| Joking Around -- "Elder Boyd is Dying" |
Wednesday - Well, today was very interesting. My companion
received a phone call from President Pack in the morning and he's actually
going to be going home on Saturday.
We've known since Sunday but, I didn't want to write anything until it was for
sure. It's no
coincidence that I was his trainer. It was a really cool experience because now I feel like I've
gone full circle as being the Elder with the problems and needing to go home,
to being the Elder that helps his companion get ready and make a plan to get
back out onto the mission. We had some really good talks throughout the day and
he was super grateful that I was his trainer. To be honest, it makes all the
stress and other things worth it to be able to help someone get through the
process and get to where they need to be.
Thursday - So, today we hung out with Elder Monks until
about 1:15. Then we dropped him off at the airport. Now I'm in a trio with
Elder Boyd and Elder Douglas. It's super cool because we can enter into any
house and visit any people. It's going to help a lot because we a traveling to
pueblos and it's very hard to get members who are willing to help us out there.
I'm really excited for the chance I get to be comps with Elder Boyd, because,
he was the Elder in my dream and I feel like I've got a lot more I can still
learn from him. As well his kid Elder Douglas is a really good example and is
going to be a really good missionary by the end of his mission.
AWESOME STORY OF THE WEEK
Awesome story of the week is that Elder Perez called me
today. Our recent convert Patricia went to the temple this week for the first
time and he asked permission if it was possible for him to go and see her. President
said yes and so he went. He said that when he saw her she just started crying
because she was so happy that we (he and I) have been so worried and trying to
help her the whole way through the process. She told him that on her first day
which was Monday she went in and was waiting in the waiting room. She said she
heard a voice as clear as me talking to you tell her to go and read the
scriptures. The first scripture that she read answered one of the questions she
had. Then after that she said that she felt the Spirit so strong telling her
that everything she was doing good was correct and that she knew that the
church has got to be true. She's hoping her ex-husband will give her permission
soon to have her kids baptized. Overall, she's been super happy recently and
now with temple on top of all that she's gonna be a super strong member of the
church. She's awesome! Plus, like I said before, I think she is one of the main
reasons that I came here.
Friday - Today was the first full day of us being in a trio.
This morning we did weekly planning to combine the companionships into one.
Then, we had sandwiches for lunch. Then after that we had English class at the
church. We didn't have anyone that came so we made some new posters and put
them up around town. Then we had a Noche De Hogar with the Roberts family. Bill
is the dad and he is from Manchester in the UK. His wife Margarita is from
Colombia and they have 4 sons. We invited John to come with us and we had a
really great time. We played BOP IT at the end as the fun game activity. | Bowling - TioGringo |
Consequence - Zenon Lost Bowling
Saturday - Today we were supposed to have a
baptism. But, what happened was that when John's dad was supposed to come he
missed his flight by like 5 minutes meaning they had just shut the gate and
then they told him they would let him on anyways! But then, after checking the
plane they found out they had overlooked it and told him there was no way
possible for him to go and that if he wanted he could pay the 500€ upgrade to
ride first class. He said no and so, we postponed the baptism until the
original date of April 1st. Instead we ended up doing some contacting and other
finding activities. It was a pretty good day.
Sunday - So today we were faced with the awkwardness of
telling everybody that my companion had gone home. It was kind of funny because
a lot of people thought that we had just left him in the Piso because he was
sick or something. Church was really good though and afterwards we at Zenon's
house as always. Then we had Correlation meeting and following that we had our
studies. Then we finished our studies and went to Yolanda's house for our
normal Noche de hogar with her every week. We talked about our branch mission
plan and how we can use it as a group to help the branch to become a ward. By
the looks of it, possibly by the end of the year we could be a ward. It's been
an absolute pleasure serving here in Fuerteventura but I think my time is
coming to an end here. I love it, and will most definitely want to return for a
vacation someday! The people here are the pioneers of the church in the islands
and they are so faithful and such good examples to us.
Monday - So today we are going to being hanging out with a
couple YSA guys and playing mini golf. We dont really have any crazy plans, just
that -- and hopefully things will go well. Oh, and Dad, it's not likely that I will
need money for a suit for a little while. The seamstress lady guaranteed me at
least 3-4 months. She said it was one of the worst rips she has ever seen
though. Haha! I've got a big butt.
Love,
Elder Harris
Elder Harris



No comments:
Post a Comment