[Week of January 23-29]
Dear Mom, Dad & Sam:
Dear Mom, Dad & Sam:
Monday - Today was a fun day. Like I said last week, we went bowling
with a couple people. Their names were Yuber and Howard. Elder Boyd is actually
really good at it! He scored upwards of 150 both games.
Tuesday - So today was a pretty cool day. This morning we
had a specialized "Training for the Trainers" and the new missionaries. It was
good. After that Elder Boyd and I did an intercambio. We went to the south of
the island, otherwise known as we took a two hour bus ride to the South. By the
end of the bus ride we were both feeling pretty car sick. But, we went to a
town called Morro Jable. We visited with some members there, and, it was the
first time this family had been visited in 7 years. They come to church
almost every week but, because they live so far away no one ever goes to visit.
They made us chicken wings and Rosquetes and cake. It was super good. I ate
like 30 chicken wings. They were super Good! As well we taught a lesson to
Elder Boyd's investigator named Nelido, he is getting baptized on Saturday. He's
doing super good, and he's progressing very well.
Wednesday - Today the Elders from Lanzarote came over to do
intercambios as well as watch the worldwide mission broadcast. I went on
intercambios with Elder Douglas from my group. (Angus) We had a really good
day, did some contacting and taught a couple lessons. We put John on date for
the 18 of February. He's super excited for his date. He's a super prepared
young guy.
The Worldwide Training was AWESOME! I don't know if you guys have seen but the schedule for missionaries has changed. (READ DETAILS ABOUT CHANGES HERE)
We now have 10 hours on pday to do what we want. As well the overall schedule has changed every day. They have eliminated 5 out of the 9 old key indicators. We now only count
1) investigators baptized and confirmed 2) investigators on date 3)
investigators at church 4) new investigators. The purpose I believe is to make
us focus on the things that really matter, not just teaching a bunch of lessons
every week. We also played ping pong tonight and we had like 5 jas come to play
with us.
The Worldwide Training was AWESOME! I don't know if you guys have seen but the schedule for missionaries has changed. (READ DETAILS ABOUT CHANGES HERE)
Thursday - This morning we did weekly planning and then we
said goodbye to Elder Douglas and Elder Pulotu who headed out to Lanzarote this
afternoon. Then my companion and I went to eat with Paco and Nati they made
really good chicken fried steak. Then we were supposed to have Consejo but it
failed so we cleaned the Chapel.
Friday - Well today I was feeling puky so we didn't leave the Piso a
whole bunch. I played chess against my companion like 10 times and he
beat me every time. He's pretty good at it.
Saturday - This morning we played fĂștbol. It was really fun.
Then this afternoon we had time to do some contacting. Then the other
companionship here had a BAPTISM! It was super awesome and John was actually
able to come and watch, which we hope was a good experience for him.
| Nelido's Baptism! |
Sunday - Today was good. Church was good. Afterwards we had
lunch with Zenon. Then we had Correlation and finally we ate with Yolanda to
finish the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment