Dear Mom and Dad,
So his week has been a lot of fun. First off, I had to move to a new area [Cuatro Caminos, Madrid]. It's a huge difference from Aranjuez and I felt way out of any comfort zone that I had established because there are Thousands of people here every day. It's crazy because I was so used to never seeing anyone and now I can't go anywhere without seeing someone. It's been a real culture shock and I've been adjusting pretty well, I love this new area. I haven't been able to meet very many of the members because we didn't have church here this past week [because of General Conference].
This area is really cool
because it is way different than Aranjuez! I love all the people to talk to.
Most of the time they are good people and will at least hear us out for a
second. We are in an actual Ward. I am
loving the big city environment. We walk a prettying good amount still, but we
ride the metro all the time. I live in a bajo or bottom floor piso. Also our
building as I believe 7 floors. The average height here is like 10 or 12.
I love you Dad! Tell Mom
congratulations on the 34th for me! You guys are such an amazing example to
me!
![]() |
| With Elder Johnson from Washington |
My New Companion
Elder Johnson is a really cool guy.
He is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met. He is a really good
companion and he is really obedient. He says he is trying to help me be ready
to train/be district leader next transfer if that's what happens. He thinks
that is going to be what happens. So I'm kinda worried about that.
Alvarro's Baptism
Well, Alvaro's baptism (Oct. 3) was AMAZING!!
I had such an amazing experience with it. I was actually able to perform
the baptism! He had been so prepared the entire time we were teaching him and
it all ended super well when he bore his testimony after he was baptized.
"I am so grateful for the Elders Harris and Norrell who found me and
stopped me that day. I had been looking for something to help grow my faith and
they were the people sent to bring it to me. I was looking for something to
help me Follow God Better, now I know what it is." He also
said "that feeling that the missionaries had always told me about, that
feeling of just utter peace and joy that feels like a fire, well, it came. They
told me the truth and I know this church is true!"
![]() |
| Elder Harris, Alvarro, and two new missionaries now in Aranjuez |
When he bore his
testimony the Spirit was super strong. He really experienced a true conversion.
I love this man with all my heart and I am so grateful that I was able to be
part of his life and help him find the Gospel. Wow, this is what I am here for,
I felt the happiest I have ever felt in my entire life. I am really working to
help more to find this message. If we don't, who will?
Mom and Dad, if you guys
are comfortable with it, I would challenge you guys to give a reference to the
missionaries. Pray together about who it could be. It helps me a ton when we
receive references from members. It makes the work so much easier with that
person because they already have a friend in the church.
Getting Down to Business in Cuatro Caminos
So this week because of the new
companionship that was added to this Ward, which is Me and Elder Johnson, we
have had to try and split our friends and the less actives that we are going to
visit. The other companionship is Elder Farmer from my group and Elder Collazos
from Peru. It has been kinda tough trying to divide everything up. We decided
that Elder Johnson and I would just start anew and find people to teach, as
well as doing a lot of pass-bys by old investigators. It has been a really
tough week because we still don't have a phone to do work with. The other
companionship has one but we are stuck without one. But, all that aside we
actually have found a lot of people to teach.
New 'Friends Learning About the Church'
Wilfred - He is a young father from
Cameroon who lives here alone with his 8 year old son. He is a total stud, and
we love teaching with him. He is a very humble man. He has lived in Spain for 6
months and up until this past month he had been saving every dime he could to
put his son into a good school. Not very often you find a single father who
does something like that. Please pray for him.
Alberto y Wilma - They are a couple
from Paraguay. We recently found them and have started teaching them. They seem
to be very interested and they are very nice people. They have a daughter that
is 4 months old. Please pray for them as well.
Gema y Moises - Gema is actually the
less-active daughter of members in Aranjuez. Haha what a coincidence! Her
boyfriend Moises and there year and a half old daughter Samantha live there as
well. We are really going to work hard with this young family. Please, please,
pray for them.
So-Long Aranjuez!
Here are some photos Elder Norrell and I took as we were visiting people just before leaving Aranjuez a couple of weeks ago.
| Elder Harris and Pablo |
| Our futbol (soccer) buddies (including Manu)! |
![]() |
| Elders Norrell & Harris with Pablo and his dad |
| With Alvarro couple of weeks before his baptism |
![]() |
| Gospel Principles Class - Ginger, Alvarro, Haydee, Monica, Adrian |
| Hermano Jose from Columbia |
![]() |
| With Ronny & Gina & Family |
Well that's all folks. This week's
General Conference was amazing! We have not seen the Sunday night session yet
but we saw all the rest of them. Priesthood session was amazing! I love the
three new apostles! Their testimonies were amazing! We are praying for the
prophet really hard right now as a companionship. He looked very ill yesterday.
:( But, I LOVED conference.
I love you guys,
Love,
Elder Grayson Harris









No comments:
Post a Comment