"My birthday was pretty fun. We ate with a member named Ginger, whose son I baptized this past Friday. We ate chicken and rice and beans. Chicken and rice is probably 90% of what we eat here. They were super cool and they gave me a box of chocolates for my birthday so that was really nice. The members here are really awesome. They make it so worth it to be here and go through all the crap that we have to have on a regular basis. We are really enjoying our time here, me and Elder Norrell get along like brothers so... HAHA!"
He and his companion, Elder Norrell were in Toledo, and it looks as though Elder Norrell played a pretty big part in the birthday surprise planning:
SEE HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIDEO BELOW:
| Elder Norrell and Elder Harris on his birthday in Toledo, Spain |
"For my birthday, I treated myself to a haircut, and some European clothes."
"I should be getting my package this Friday when I go to the Zone conference in Pavones to meet President Pack. I'm excited for it! I'm excited to get to meet him. Also it was a treat getting to hang with Elder Farmer today! It's cool seeing my friends from the MTC and seeing how much they have progressed since we last saw each other."
![]() |
| Elder Farmer and Elder Harris playing 'futbol' on P-day |
"This Friday I get to see my best bud from the MTC though, Elder Escobar. He's been in a town called Cuenca which is pretty far away from the rest of the missionaries so he hasn't exactly been able to come back and say hey at all yet.
I sent a letter home for Colton and Grandma. It should get there in about a week or two. If you could please forward there's to them that would be great. There's a treat in there for my Fam too so I hope you like it.
That's cray that you guys are almost done with the house. I'm going to come home to a different world haha! It's going to be weird for me definitely.
Haha mom! I'm not going to prison okay? It's weird that you always go there. But I know it's part of your work. There's some people here that I wouldn't mind seeing in prison though. haha"
"Please be sure to tell all those that ask about me that I love them. I really can feel the boost of daily prayers. Some days here are really tough but we are pushing through.
Haha Aaron [Hart] has 2 more daughters?! Haha! That is so funny! I'm so happy for him and Ginger Dunham though! How's Blake [Scott] doing? I haven't talked to him at all since I have been here.
Wow!, no sunburns for Sam on a trip where he is in the sun all day? What did they do differently?! That's great that he is getting so much of scouts done now I wish I could have been that way. I'm so happy that he gets to go to EFY this week. I really think own t to be an EFY counselor when I get back. My counsellors helped me stay in the church and if I can help anyone else feel the same things I did I definitely want to do so. Here in Spain they have EFY but it is every other year, so you can't go as often as I did. I tell all the youth in our branch that if they can they need to go to EFY because it changed my life and I'm sure it can change theirs.
Well anyways I'll have some photos of the baptism next week. And I will share them then. All is well here. Usually I have enough money to buy groceries and such. Usually I take out a little bit extra every time I go to the ATM for emergencies from my personal account.
One birthday wish I have is if there is someway I can get probably somewhere close to 200$. I found the sword! It's the Sword of Captain Moroni! It's super sweet and it's made in Toledo with the best Steel in the world! It costs 85€ but I have to pay to have it shipped to you guys and I don't know how much that will cost. So that's why i say 200$. If there's anyway that could be possible that would be great but if not right now I can wait until later in my mission."
![]() |
| Elder Harris in his Real Madrid jersey |
"Dad - the food here is pretty bad. I get sick like once a week. My companion says its just because I am new and I agree but really the food is gross...so we just bless it and eat it. Haha! But I am enjoying the whole experience! Everyday there is something new and the people are just always surprisingly rude so I'm really loving it. We just try to stay positive and move on!
Anyways I love you guys so much! I have a new favorite scripture that applies to missionaries in my opinion it is Alma 53:20-21. It's about the Strippling warriors and I absolutely love it!"
Love you all!
Elder Grayson Harris





No comments:
Post a Comment